Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Who Run the World? Girls!

Even though Beyonce is one of my favorite artists, I don't particularly like this song - it is super catchy though! I am so excited about an upcoming opportunity presented to me that will help me reach more girls who can run the world!

Does anyone remember having one of these? I still have mine in my room at home.

On Friday, October 28th, I'll be a guest panelist at the 2011 Empowering Girls Symposium. Even though this isn't until October I get excited just thinking about it! I'm very passionate about female empowerment and mentoring young women. Beginning this fall, through the Leadership Scholars Program at USC I'll be starting a leadership program for young girls called FABULOUS - the name was inspired by my mom Laverne who is never anything less than FABULOUS. FABULOUS will cover many of the topics that the Empowering Girls Symposium as well as leadership, community service, education, and health. Hopefully if I become Miss Black USA 2011 this is something that I will be able to carry across the country!

 xoxoJordan Addison, Miss Black South Carolina USA 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment