Friday, July 29, 2011

Eat A Treat and Help Bring Hope!

On August 11th, Dairy Queens everywhere will be participating in Dairy Queen Miracle Treat Day. 

Before last week, I had no idea that this even existed! I received an email from the General Manager of the Dairy Queen Grill and Chill Restaurant in Ridgeland, South Carolina inviting me to participate in their Children's Miracle Network Treat Day. Proceeds from the Treat Day I will be attending will go to the local Children's Miracle Network Hospital, Memorial University Medical Center, in Savannah, Georgia.

I am excited about this opportunity to meet the people of Ridgeland, South Carolina. When  I spoke with Ms. Cat (the General Manager) this week, she told me that while I'm there, she wants for me to able to speak with the recent high school graduates from their area and encourage them to go after their dreams. This is exactly why I am so proud of having this title! Yes, this traveling keeps me busy and sometimes tired, it is so worth it!

No matter what happens in Washington, D.C. next week, I have had and will continue to have impacts like this. It's not about going somewhere, standing there and looking "pretty", but having intentional conversations, encouraging those just beginning on their journey, and bringing hope to children that are fighting for the opportunity to get there someday.

Use the Treat Day Website to find a Dairy Queen near you and help bring hope!


xoxoJordan Addison, Miss Black South Carolina USA 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment