Saturday, July 30, 2011

We Shopped Til We Dropped

Yesterday my mom and I did what we do best - shopping! I had a long list ranging from outfits, accessories, gifts, and makeup.We left around 10am and didn't get back home until 5ish!

Our first stop was to Downtown Charleston. Downtown is one of my absolute favorite things about living in the Charleston area! We parked by the Charleston museum to take advantage of the free parking and then walked to the market. The hunt was on for gifts to purchase for my MBUSA Roommate (Miss Black Iowa) and for the outgoing Miss Black USA 2010 (Osas Ighodaro). I found two really neat things that are totally Charleston-y and will travel well without getting broken on the plane. 

Next stop was West Ashley. We quickly stopped at two stores that had some things I needed for my dance. I love to shop, but more than that I love a good bargain! We were on the hunt for an opening number outfit for me as well as a shrug to complete my interview outfit. We found a dress for opening number for $12.99 - what a steal! It's super cute, a great color, comfortable for dancing in, and is going to look great on stage with my fabulous shoes and jewelry. SO EXCITED. We also found a shrug for $16.99 compared to the $40ish one that I originally found at Dillard's - proof of why it pays to shop around before buying. Since we were on such a roll with finding great deals, we had to check out the home furnishings section to see if there was anything to add to my slowly growing accumulation of things for my new apartment. This was not on the list, but it was worth it! We found a nice set of sheets and two great laundry hampers that match the pattern of my bedding. The hampers were only $20 each! This wasn't meant to turn into a promotion for Ross, but I had to tell y'all the great deals I found. 

Last on the list was Summerville. We were looking for some Charleston/South Carolina additions for my gifts and ran into my second grade teacher, Ms. Burdick! It was such a great surprise because my mom and I were just talking about her earlier that day when we were walking to the market. It was so nice to catch up with her - we talked about college, how she's enjoying retirement, my future with teaching, and of course the pageant! My mom also ran into someone that she graduated high school with.

Finally we were finished and we grabbed some dinner and went home to relax. After a quick run to Walmart, this morning, almost everything on my list will be crossed off. All of this could have been an overwhelming experience, but it was such a blessing. God helped us to find everything that we were looking for at reasonable prices and in a pretty decent amount of timing considering that we went to three different cities in our area. Today I am feeling a great combination of things - excited, prepared, anxious, tired, and so blessed.


xoxoJordan Addison, Miss Black South Carolina USA 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment