Sunday, July 31, 2011

Let's See How This Turns Out

This post is a little bit of an experiment. I'm writing this blog on my iPhone! The hotel charges $9.95 for Internet access, so all of my pageant week blogging will be coming from my beloved iPhone - figured I'd test it out. Hopefully I'll be able to upload videos on here, too! If not, I'm sure Facebook or Twitter will work.

When people ask me when I'm leaving for nationals, it's surreal to say "TUESDAY" instead of The usual "August 2nd".

Like this post, Saturday was a day of experimenting. Figuring out which liquids I could not live without, practicing my talent makeup, re-vamping my talent costume (THANKS MOMMY!!!), and trying on every outfit to make sure I have all the right shoes and accessories. I want to try and be an efficient packer for once and I think it's been successful! I have lots of versatile accessories and shoes that I've packed which helps free up space in my suitcase for other outfits!

I'll admit, this packing and such is so bittersweet. Next week is going to be such an awesome experience! I am excited to show the judges, audience, and everyone I meet in D.C. how amazing Carolina Girls are amd meet 29 other amazing women from their states. Of course I want to win, but just to have this experience, be part of this group of women, and part of HISTORY is such an honor! After Nationals is over, I'll still be out in the community and attending events, but my time will be winding down. This has been a great experience so far and given me a great perspective on life - I can't wait to see where it takes me next.

xoxoJordan Addison, Miss Black South Carolina USA 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment