Tuesday, August 2, 2011

I'm Leaving On a Jet Plane

Maybe I'm not really leaving on a jet, but it is a plane! Today I am heading to the DMV area for Miss Black USA 2011 Pageant Week! I am flying from Charleston to Reagan National Airport, then I will board a shuttle to our sponsoring hotel, The Hyatt Regency Crystal City, in Arlington, Virginia. Today is a "travel day" for all of the delegates to be able to arrive at a time that is best for them between 12pm and 6pm. It's going to be a relaxing day - exploring the hotel, unpacking, getting to know my roomie (Miss Black Iowa USA 2011), enjoying the Miss Black USA Lounge, and meeting all of my #sisterqueens (Teens and Princesses, too!). I'm glad to have a day to get myself orientated, but I am very excited to get to work starting Wednesday. Here is a rough outline of Pageant Week starting with Wednesday!

Wednesday
Breakfast
Orientation - This is being oordinated by former Miss Black Alabama 2008, Kimberly Brown and I'm really excited about it! The Keynote speaker will be Miss Black USA 1990, Clarissa Lester-Kenty, who was Miss Black South Carolina - how cool!
Lunch
Rehearsal - So excited about everything I've heard about the choreographers that we have!
VIP Red Dress Reception with members from the Congressional Black Caucus

Thursday
Breakfast
Rehearsal
Lunch
Interviews (15%)
Dinner
Delegate De-Briefing

Friday
Breakfast
Rehearsal
Healthy, Wealthy, and Wise Tour
Reception with the Urban League of Virginia

Saturday
Breakfast
Preliminary Competition 1 - Fitness (15%) and Evening Gown (15%)
Dinner
Preliminary Competition 2 - Question & Answer (20%) and Talent (35%)

Sunday
Heart & Soul Prayer Breakfast
Rehearsal
VIP Smiles Workshop
Talented Teen Competition
Dinner

Monday
Visit and tour of the national office for the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children with Breakfast
Lunch
Rehearsal at the Lincoln Theater
FINALS AND CROWNING at the Lincoln Theater!! (Top 15 are announced at the beginning of the show)
VIP Reception 

Tuesday
Departure Day for everyone except Miss Black USA 2011 and Miss Black USA Talented Teen 2011

This is definitely going to be a busy week, but so much fun! I promise to keep you in the loop of how things are going each day.

Don't forget that you have until Sunday to vote for me for the People's Choice Award! $1 = 1 vote, you can vote as many times as you want or in a lump sum.
 
Right now, I am hopefully landing at Reagan National Airport and getting ready to start one of the most exciting experiences of my life!


xoxoJordan Addison, Miss Black South Carolina USA 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment